title : 문헌 15 백봉오골계 육의 영향과 효능
name : 관리자date : 2010-09-01 00:00:00hits : 1522
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Question 1 - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Dear Uncle Ezra,
I am a transfer student that will be entering in the fall.  I was wondering if it is possible to apply for a specific residence hall.  I will be entering as an engineering student and it appears that Cascadilla Hall and Sheldon Court would be the best places to live.  Looking at the information packets I have received I can't find any questions that ask specifically which place I would like to live.  Is it possible that I won't be able to choose where I want to live?  If so, can I add a note to my housing application regaurding where I want to live?
Thank you

Dear Transfer,

Welcome to Cornell!  We are glad that you are joining the Cornell family.  The answer to your question is yes and no.  Transfer students may request living in the Transfer Center on West Campus, the Alice Cook House also on West Campus, or any other program houses.  Beyond that, you are assigned where housing is available.  If you have any additional questions regarding housing, you may direct them to housing@cornell.edu.  Good luck.

Uncle Ezra   

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Question 2 - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Dear Uncle Ezra,
Sometimes, when I shop at Asian food markets, I see a curious bird:  it looks like a hen, but its skin is completely bluish-black.  The label reads "silkey".  What is it?  What does it taste like?  What can you make with it?

Your epicurean niece.

Dear shopper,

Although one might say a chicken is a chicken when it comes to recipes, a websearch will take you to sites like V where I found: "The Mystical Taihe Black-Boned Chicken."  The following article was translated by Ms. wel Rong from The People's Daily (Overseas Edition), Feb. 13, 1987; edited by J. Bitgood and the editor:

The black-boned chicken originated and has been raised for years in China. Several types of this bird, varying in feather color and some other characteristics due to the geographical isolation,
can be found throughout the country. One of the major types, named the Taihe Black-Boned chicken, is raised in Taihe County, east of Wushan mountain in the Jiangxi province of China. The orthodox Taihe Black-Boned chicken has ten apparent characteristics: Blue comb, green earlobes, five toes, bearded, feathered shanks, white silkie feathers, crest, black bones, black muscles and black skin. The white silkie feather is the unique feature of the Taihe chicken when compared to the other black-boned birds. Currently, a number of Taihe Black-Boned chickens, including 100,000 commercial stock and 200,000 brooding stock, are raised at the well equipped Wushan Farm, founded 30 years ago. Taihe chicken has been known since ancient China. The famous medicinal book written during the Ming Dynasty titled "Compendium of Materia Medica" says that Taihe Old Chicken is a tonic and nourishing food to treat women's diseases, enrich blood and build up the health. Winning an honor, Taihe chicken was named "Wushan Chicken" by Emperor Qian Long in signature. Taihe chicken also has been distinguished and admired abroad. In 1911, the Taihe chicken, a show type bird with its petite and dainty body appearance won a gold prize in the International Fair in Panama. Taihe chicken has great fame, but what are its benefits to human beings? Lab tests show that the Taihe chicken contains certain hormones, blue pigment and amino acids which are required by the human body. These factors can increase blood cells and hemoglobin. Abundant clinical experience has indicated that Taihe chicken has a peculiar effectiveness in treating women's sickness, sterility, menoxenia (abnormal menstruation), habitual abortion, blood leucorrhoea, metrorrhagia, and sickness after parturition, and also aids in curing pulmonary problems - tuberculosis (TB), heart diseases, neurasthenia, and chidrens'' osteomalacia. The eggs of Taihe birds can be used effectively to treat severe headaches, headache after parturition, faintness, asthma and nephritis. The eggs are also an ideal nutritive, especially for old people and high blood pressure victims, since the cholesterol content is lower and free amino acids are higher than that of other kinds of birds. Taihe chicken can be used as an ingredient of Chinese-made medicines. For instance, Taihe chicken is a major ingredient in "Wuji Baifeng Wan", made by the famous Beijing Tongrentang Pharmacy. Taihe chicken is also favored as food. Its muscle fiber is fine and tender. Chicken soup is tasty and refreshing, and the special flavour makes it a special dish in a banquet. If cooked with some medicine, it will be a precious medical dish. Why does the Taihe chicken have such outstanding medical and nutritional value? Research conducted by the Chinese Academy of Sciences shows that it is due to the peculiar natural conditions in Wushan,
especially due to Wushan spring water which contains various minerals. There is a local saying that it is impossible to raise Wushan chicken without Wushan water. Taihe chicken is a treasure of the Taihe People. For many years Taihe people have made many kinds of products and benefited from Taihe chicken. They made a series of tonic liquors and nourishing foods,
such as "Wuji Baifen Wan", "Wuji Shenjijing" (refinement of black-boned birds with ginseng and fruit of Chinese wolfberry), "Wuji Bujiu" (black-bone birds tonic liquor), "Wuji Mairujing" (black-boned bird with extract of malt and milk), etc. The "Taihe Wuji Bujiu" is one of the four famous national gift liquors. In the Taihe country brewery, black- bone chicken mixed with Chinese angelica, dangshen and 14 other traditional Chinese medicinal herbs are steeped in liquor for three to four months, then stored for six months. It takes ten months to make Taihe Wuji Bujiu. Now the Wushan Farm is being expanded to develop the production of Taihe chicken. The plan is to produce 600,000 birds annually. Many farmers have started raising black-bone birds to improve their income. Black-bone chicken has a big market in Hong Kong, Japan, and other Southeast Asian areas. A restaurant in Hong Kong has signed a contract with Wushan Farm requiring 100,000 birds each year. Editor's Note: We assume that this mystical black-boned chicken is what we know as the Silkie, or a variety thereof. However, we would caution Silkie owners against making claims of their magical powers based on this article, even if you can find a local source of Wushan spring water. As for the claim of eggs with less cholesterol, remember the Araucana. We still get inquiries about the chicken that lays green eggs with no or lowered cholesterol levels. Our suspicion is that Silkie eggs, being smaller, may have less cholesterol per egg, but the amount of cholesterol per gram of yolk may even exceed the commercially-produced egg. Other things being equal (including diet), the cholesterol level of eggs seems to be inversely related to the hen's level of egg production.

Uncle Ezra   

이름 password  
내용 입력
인증키 : 읽기가 어려우세요?

copyright(c) 2010수문장 백봉오골계농원 co,. ltd. all right reserved.